Who You Are
You a creative individual with attention to detail. You are able to express your ideas in both written and verbal form. You are a persuasive, flexible team player who is able to take artistic direction from customers who may or may not know less than you about design, marketing, and visual communication. You have flexible hours which may vary, depending on the number of projects on the go. If this is you, Ironjet Promotions wants to hear from you!
Who We Are
Ironjet does a little bit of everything: graphic design, small & large format print, promo products, screen printing & embroidery design, logo & brand development, and web development – to name a few. We also serve a wide variety of clients including government, retail, oil & gas, and educational institutions. We pride ourselves in delivering high quality designs & products and great customer service. We often work with tight deadlines and in high-pressure situations.
Ironjet is officially open from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., though some staff start earlier or work later. We have a group benefits plan through the local Chamber of Commerce and SunLife. Your salary will be dependent on your experience.
- Proficiency in CorelDRAW (must have). X8 is ideal.
- Proficiency in Corel Photopaint (beneficial)
- 2-3 years of professional graphic design experience (beneficial)
- Diploma or relevant education (beneficial)
- Filemaker Shopworks Onsite 7 (beneficial)
- Versaworks (beneficial)
- Adobe products, such as Acrobat, Illustrator, and Photoshop (beneficial)
- WordPress or another CMS (beneficial)
- Ability to draw or sketch concepts (must have)
- Must possess a good understanding of design, typography, and layout principles (must have)
- Painting, craftsmanship, photography, or musical skills (beneficial)
- Self-motivated; able to work hard when no one is looking
- Cool under pressure
- Strong command of the English language. Impeccable spelling and grammar.
- Respectful of all people
- Ability to learn new software or skills quickly and retain that knowledge
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Depending on your experience and our needs, you may have opportunity to work on:
- Layouts for business cards, flyers, and booklets
- Decals, banners, and vehicle wraps
- Designs for t-shirts, apparel, and promo items
- Logo designs and branding projects
- Website development
Please submit your resume and a link to your online portfolio (and/or relevant social media pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Hard copy portfolios are welcome and will be returned. Applicants without a portfolio will not be considered.
WANT A FAST TRACK (or maybe just a challenge)?
Give us the next number in the sequence and explain the pattern’s significance in art & design:
1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, etc.